Wednesday, November 17, 2010

On Day 16 I was not very thankful

I have to admit, yesterday I was in a rather whiny, complainy mood, and more focused on what I was not at all thankful about. For example....

The weather. Endless (well, three so far) days of varying levels of rain, wind, and storm. Not to mention that it is dark.all.day. Might as well live in Alaska or northern Norway. I let the rain convince me not to run on both Monday and Tuesday, although I did make it out this morning for 6.5 very slow miles in the wind (but only light rain).

Some things about my job. Yes, I am very thankful to have a good job, but by 6:30 p.m. last night I was drained. I hate that I can't always make things go the way I (or my clients) want them to. There are other things that frustrate me and stress me out, but I don't really want to elaborate, and this is not the place.

The fact that I eat so cleanly and so sparingly (in terms of net calories), and yet not only can I not lose any weight, I seem to be gaining it instead.

I guess those were my main issues of complaint for Tuesday. Even just revisiting and writing about them makes me tired and grumpy. I guess that's one of the downsides of complaining--it takes a lot out of you.

I will be back soon with something I am thankful for today.

No comments: