Monday, November 22, 2010

Day of Thanks 22

I am not so thankful for the snow today. Oh, I still like it, but driving home from work today was a mess (and I only live 1.5 miles away!). We only got a few inches, but Broadway was just packed with cars and nobody was sure whether it would be icy and I was just glad to get to QFC and then (after a lengthy grocery shopping delay) home.

Here is my traditional backyard snow picture. I've taken a lot better ones in other years (and this was just with my cell phone), but you gotta document the first snow!

I got my Monday morning run done just before the snow started this morning. Today's run was exceptional because it was my fourth day of consecutive running and my legs felt great! Well, slow of course, but not sore or heavy at all. That was a big confidence booster. From Friday through today, I've run over 32 miles.

Luckily tomorrow is finally an off day, because it is going to be cold (like teens and twenties) and probably icy. I'm not even going to make the trip to the Y at 6 a.m. tomorrow. I am, however, planning to walk to work, so I still have to get up and ready early enough to allow for that. I have put Yaktrax on my field-walking shoes (not enough snow for snowshoes, sadly), and am kind of excited about it!

So, what am I thankful for today? I am thankful that we are now 1/3 through the three-day work week! Whee!

HBBC today:

6.5 miles running = 6.5 points

F&V - ½ banana, berry medley, ½ apple, onions, sweet potato, squash, cauliflower, spinach, mushrooms, eggplant = 1 point

2 comments:

Nitmos said...

There is no joy in snow for me. It looks nice in photos but not close up.

Lindsay said...

Snow! Pretty but no thanks haha. I am a warm-weather girl all the way. I am soo glad it's a short week!