Thursday, October 22, 2009

Made me some pumpkin cake

Well, not just for me. Really it was for the office. I just had a very small piece, to taste it, and I pronounce it good.

This pumpkin cake is the easiest thing in the world to make. You may already know it, in fact. I heard that it was on the Rachael Ray Show today (although I don't see that on the website). And I got it from the Noble Pig blog.

But anyhow, just in case you haven't run across it already, here is the fantastically easy recipe for:

Two Ingredient Pumpkin Cake
  • One 15-ounce can of plain pureed pumpkin
  • Box of cake mix (I used Betty Crocker spice cake)
Mix pumpkin and cake mix together thoroughly. Pour into greased 11 x 7 cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 28 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean). Eat as is or frost with topping of your choice...cream cheese frosting, whipped cream, or this tasty sounding glaze from the Noble Pig (which I wish I had made, it sounds yummy): Combine 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar, 3 Tablespoons apple cider and 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Glaze should be thick but pourable. Add more sugar or cider if needed. Pour over the cake while still warm. Reserve some to pour over each slice when served, if you wish.

How fast and easy is this? I had a craving for cake at 1:55, left the office to go to the store at 2:00, bought the ingredients, went home, made the cake, took it out of the oven at 3:00, and after allowing it to cool a teeny bit, was back at the office with warm cake at 3:15.

1 comment:

EricaH said...

i was so thinking of doing the same exact thing and now that i see someone else did it and it was a success I am sooo going to do it. :)