Saturday, November 20, 2010

Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge begins

HBBC Logo
I signed up for the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge a few days ago but didn't get around to posting until today. I also didn't repost on Facebook, thus losing an opportunity to get an extra point...this slackishness is probably foreshadowing my ability to track my progress throughout the program!

Amanda at Run to the Finish is the creator of this challenge, and sign-up ends today, November 20, so if you are reading this and you want to play, go to her blog quickly and get in on the fun! It runs November 20 - January 7, throughout the holiday season.

Basically you earn points for exercise, one point for every mile ran, walked, or snowshoed, plus point conversion for other exercise, plus an extra point for every day where you consume at least seven fruits and veggies.

I don't expect to be a winner (unless I win some random giveaway), since I will be recovering from the marathon in December, but it should be fun and give me some extra motivation to keep working out!

I was supposed to be able to put the button in my sidebar, but I couldn't figure out how. FAIL.

Here is my tally for today (includes vegetables I am going to eat at dinner, which is still in the process of cooking).

Ran 12 miles (12 points).
Fruits and veggies - ½ banana, ½ apple, choppped onion, ½ grapefruit (I count this as one serving, all other half fruits as ½), sweet potato, cauliflower, mushrooms (½ serving), kale (at least 2 servings) = at least 7 ½ servings = 1 point.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

dinner sounds delish! good luck in the HBBC!