Sunday, September 27, 2009

Post-race dinner: fish & chips!

Just like we were in England, I picked up a couple orders of takeaway fish and chips (plus, ahem, a side of clam strips) and brought it all back to the hotel for supper in our room!

The fish and chips are sold out of a converted red double-decker bus (I couldn't take a picture tonight because I was facing right into the sun, which hadn't set yet). The fish could not quite measure up to the HUGE cod filets you get in most English chippies (these were American sized), but they tasted good. And the thick cut fries were possibly even better than English chips, much crispier than typical steak fries/chips.

Of course, as you can see, the fish & chips came in boxes, not wrapped in newspaper!

It was a decadent and delicious treat. I adore fish and chips but rarely allow myself to indulge. But I think it can be allowed after 13.1 miles (plus 1.3 mile warm-up)!

Tonight is the season premiere of Desperate Housewives AND Brothers and Sisters! Welcome back Rob Lowe! :)

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: