Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thursday Thirteen (Runner Girl style)


I adopted the Thursday Thirteen concept from the Athena Diaries blog. It's just a list of thirteen things about you (me). On a Thursday. (Duh.) Sounds like fun, yes? So here goes.

  1. I am not doing the Run of the Mill 5K this Saturday. I never signed up for it or anything. I was thinking about running it, but I just didn't feel like it. It would interfere with my long run and other plans I have for the weekend. Plus I don't feel like challenging my 5K PR (24:21, remember?) right now, but I would feel bad if I didn't, so better just to skip it altogether!
  2. I have three cats. My boyfriend (who is one of those rare male cat persons) has two cats. Together that is five cats. That is a lot of cats!
  3. Since the beginning of May, I have lost at least 10 pounds (hard to know exactly, thanks to fluctuation). I know that is part of the reason I have been running faster lately. At some point, I am going to write a more extensive post on this topic.
  4. Still, my BMI is over 25, which is in the overweight category. I had a BMI of 24.9 on March 9, 2007. For one day. (I do realize that muscle weight skews BMI. But it's irritating!)
  5. I still have not put away all of my Christmas decorations. It's embarrassing, but they are pretty.
  6. I will never, ever do a real triathlon. I like to bicycle, but I am not fast. And I do not swim well, at least not anymore. I was a pretty good swimmer as a child.
  7. Most days I eat a humongous salad for both lunch and dinner. Seriously, it's big enough for a family of four. I love it!
  8. I would rather stay home and read a book than go to a party full of people I don't know well. I am not good at meeting new people.
  9. However, I don't mind going to races that are full of people I don't know. Sometimes I even talk to them!
  10. I don't understand people who scrape the frosting off of cake.
  11. I haven't been to yoga for at least a couple of months. I really want to start up again, but the morning classes are too early and the evening classes go so late! I am sort of on a summer vacation from yoga, I guess.
  12. My first sweet pea bloomed the other day, and I saw another one today. (I planted late....) Sweet peas are my very favorite flower!
  13. Sometimes I do extra exercise in the evening just so I can eat more for dinner.

No comments: