Thursday, April 14, 2011

Here we are in Manchester

New Hampshire, after a long travel day. I was packing and getting ready to leave until 10-11 last night, then woke up at 2:30amto begin the travel process. I also wrote a post last night about my 6.5 miles yesterday morning, with 5x400 and a mile at GMP. I have not been able to get that to post successfully and I've pretty much given up. It's old news now.

Anyhow, I was supposed to pick up my parents at 3:30 for the trip to the airport. I was about ten minutes late and after a little comedy of errors in the driveway we were enough behind that I just dropped them at the airport to check in for their 6:15 flight and went to park the car. My flight didn't leave until 7:30.

With my transfer in D.C. and the time change, I didn't reach Manchester until about 7. It was just a quick shuttle to the hotel (we pick up a car tomorrow). I had instructed my parents to order pizza for dinner and it was waiting when I arrived.

Even though it's only 6:00 at home, I am pretty beat. I guess that's good so I'll be able to wake up early in the morning. Even though this isn't the most interesting location, I want to go for a run (no more than an hour) before breakfast and departure.

Boston is getting closer and closer...both in time and distance!

1 comment:

Teamarcia said...

Yay for Boston! I'm so excited for you. Enjoy and may all your marathon dreams come true. Just don't go out too fast no matter how great you feel. : )