Sunday, April 10, 2011

A few things I forgot

This is me after the race (back at the hotel). I meant to put it at the end of the first post to show the contrast. Obviously the hat is back on my head now which is NOT an accurate reflection of how I looked in the race. I would have liked to take a picture of my wild hair but the first time I saw it in the mirror was when I was about to go in the shower...and this not that kind of blog. :)

Did I mention that this race was the final leg in the trifecta of tests I set up to determine my readiness for Boston? I. Am. Ready. More on that in an upcoming Boston Goals post.

Finally, yesterday on the drive up to Oak Harbor I felt a real twinge of excitement for Boston. It's not that I have not been excited already, on many different levels (getting through the registration mess was big!). But this was different, more visceral, a preview of the endorphin thrill of running the race and crossing the finish line. Just for a moment, I was there already.

1 comment:

chris mcpeake said...

cool blog, good luck in boston