Thursday, December 3, 2009

Feeling good!

After yesterday's mini-stress fest and food fracas (you don't even want to know what happened last night), today has shaped up to be a good day. I must clarify that most of my stress (and nervous nibbling) yesterday was not because of the race, but rather due to the prospect of packing last night. Packing always sends me into a frenzy of procrastination, anxiety, and compensatory eating...last night was no exception.

However. Today is another day, things are looking up! To wit:

  • I am 95% done with packing, only awaiting the last minute addition of things like makeup and my toothbrush. I have made a list to help remind me of what I still need to toss into my bag(s).
  • I have running shoes and one complete set of running clothes in a carry-on bag, just in case something happens to my checked bag. (Remembering that my suitcase actually did get lost on my flight to Maine last year, although I got it back the next day!)
  • I have enough running clothes packed to run a couple of marathons and a handful of 10K's. I suspect, however, that I will end up wearing the same outfit as I did for Seattle this last weekend. I kind of hate to look exactly the same in pictures (if there are any pictures), but it may be the best choice. We shall see.
  • Last night while packing I watched the marathon portion of Tuesday's Biggest Loser episode (I think I must have slept through it Tuesday night). It was strangely reassuring...if those folks could do it with a relative lack of training, I certainly can too! (With training, I might add.) I also finished watching the remainder of last week's "Where are they now" episode. I really enjoyed that too. My favorite parts (which actually I saw earlier in the week) are the ones with Matt and Susie Hoover. They are so cute and have a really great attitude. Matt's Ironman experience was so dramatic. I felt so bad when he needed a six-minute mile in order to finish the marathon in the time limits. I know there is no way I could do that! But he was still happy with his accomplishment, even though he missed the deadline by a few minutes.
  • This morning I had the best run! I only planned to do five miles, including 4 x 400 at the track, but I ended up doing seven, because I was feeling so good. I ran five miles on happy, light legs, then did four quarter-mile intervals on the track at 7:36, 7:28, 7:34, and 7:22 paces.
  • This afternoon I am going to hustle to finish up stuff at my house (kitty litter is at the top of the list) and then it's an evening of relaxing and hanging out. GO DUCKS!

2 comments:

lifestudent said...

I actually love packing. The anticipation, the confusion, trying to arrange it all in a bag. It's oddly fun to me. Now, UNPACKING? Entirely different story :(

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Congrats on running the Seattle half as a training run!

Will this be your first marathon? I hope you meet your goals and have lots of fun!

Oh, and be careful on the way to the race! I just read how you fell on the way to the start of the half. Ouch!