Monday, November 2, 2009

Easy Monday

Kind of a misnomer, as this is the beginning of what promises to be a hard week for me. My run this morning was an "easy" recovery run, though, and also my fourth consecutive day of running (not typical for me). Tomorrow's a non-running day, for sure.

Eight miles this morning, beginning with a 10:35 mile, progressing downward to 9:03 at mile 8 (with a lot of hovering in the 9:50's in between). Despite the mileage on my legs over the last three days, they didn't feel bad at all. It was a little bit colder this morning than it has been lately--my TV weather widget said 39 degrees in Everett)--so I did put on the full-length running tights instead of capris. I do like the way snug fitting capris and running pants hug and energize your legs (kind of like the L'eggs pantyhose ads in the 70's and 80's promised). I'll take anything that makes my sluggish morning legs feel better! (Except wearing pantyhose.)

Anyhow, I can use 80 minutes of running as an escape mechanism in the morning, but I'd better not waste too much more time blogging about it. See you on the other side!

No comments: