Friday, July 29, 2011

Two days of taper

I am just entering the second half of my 48 hour taper and rest period before the Anacortes Art Dash Half Marathon tomorrow at 9 a.m. I don't really taper for half marathons, but I do like to give my legs at least a full day of rest before a big race. Hence, no running or cross-training today (Friday).

Yesterday morning I decided to add an unscheduled morning run. I was feeling so good after my highly successful Wednesday speed work (6 x 800, last one 7:30 pace) and all the good runs I've been having lately. I did 6.67 miles (taper distance) in one hour. This included 2.2 miles warm-up, three miles at half marathon goal pace (8:34, 8:31, 8:20), one mile at 8:50 (supposed to be marathon pace) and then a fast finish half mile (though I think it was back to 8:30-ish, not too fast).

I am feeling really positive about my performance in Anacortes tomorrow. Who knows, maybe it will just turn out to be another 1:55 half, and that's fine. But maybe...who knows what might happen?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: