Saturday, September 11, 2010

Fairhaven Waterfront 15K

It's about 6 pm and I am sitting outside Fairhaven Fish & Chips (in an old London-style red bus), waiting to pick up four orders to take back to the hotel. Why is this our plan for dinner in a town with a dozen good restaurants? Well, my family LOVES fish & chips, but more importantly, at least half my travel party is busy watching college football, one room tuned to the Oregon-Tennessee game and the other to the Washington-Syracuse game (with channel switching as well). When I left, the Oregon game was in a weather hiatus but resumed shortly thereafter.

But I'm not here to write about football! We're up here because I ran the Fairhaven Waterfront 15K this morning, one of my favorite races and my fourth consecutive year doing it.

Last year was a FABULOUS PR but sadly, I didn't match it today. My time was about two minutes slower, 1:19:33 this morning (8:33 pace). I was running really strong in the first 10K, and somehow flagged in the final 5K. I didn't feel like I was falling apart or anything, but I was just pushing hard and going slower. Still, I am quite happy with my performance and felt GOOD at the end (though quite red in the face!).

We were also lucky to have beautiful weather today, sandwiched between yesterday's yucky rain and probably more rain tomorrow (though who knows what will happen).

I may write a longer race report this week but in case I don't, that's what happened in Fairhaven! Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

3 comments:

Pahla said...

Wow, that's a fantastic pace! Great job!

Lindsay said...

Not a bad time at all. Way to earn those fish & chips.

Molly said...

yum, fish and chips! great job on the run!