Thursday, August 19, 2010

My own little virtual race

I'll admit, I had to "cheat" a little to make this happen. At about 44 minutes I was perilously close to finished, so I jogged very slowly for about 30 seconds and then stood still for another 30 while the time ticked away. 4.5 in 45, done! (Plus half a mile warm-up beforehand and half a mile the rest of the way home after.)

Even though I got up way earlier than usual, I still twiddled away a bunch of time (including time spent taking pictures of my watch and myself), so I didn't have as much time to go to the Y as I expected to. So I had to settle for 45 minutes on the elliptical and call it good.

A new setting on the elliptical machine....

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Lol I am bad about putzing around sometimes too. What does the 45 yrs mean on the elliptical?

Kristin said...

When you program the elliptical you put in your weight and age... this was my first day to put in 45! Don't know if that means I will burn fewer calories...

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

That's cute. Love the 45 for 4.5 and that you even ran around a bit extra and stood there waiting for the time to click. Congrats on the new age category.