- This morning I ran 10.5 miles, with 8.5 at marathon pace effort. What that means is I tried to do goal marathon pace but didn't quite manage, due to a couple of extra-slow miles (9:31 and 9:45, right in the middle). My average pace for the entire 8.5 was 9:11 (so I almost made it up on the averaging). I would say that 6.5 of the miles were acceptable marathon goal pace (ranges from 8:47 to 9:19).
- While I was running, particularly during my two miles of warm-up, I considered changing my goal pace to 10:00 miles.
- I am concerned about the feasibility of running the Bellingham Marathon on September 26; not because of my training, but because of other things going on around then which may take priority. (They do take priority, the question is whether they will prevent me from running.) For a short time this morning I thought I had a solution, which was to drop to the half in Bellingham and find another October marathon to run. But I can't seem to find one. All the good ones are on October 10, when I am doing the Portland Half...and I can't trade up to the full, I emailed to ask and they won't allow it as they are all sold out. So I'm back to the original problem. My temporary solution: not to worry about it right now.
- I had a lovely birthday dinner last night featuring lobster rolls plus other stuff (may be a picture in a future post). I love lobster rolls, and all things lobster.
- There are several marathons in New England in October, at least one of which would fit the bill of what I need. But I can't go to New England in October. It's all the way across the country, and I'm going to Maine in the spring, after Boston. So I've got to stop thinking about this and this.
Have a great weekend, people!