Thursday, October 8, 2009

Three-Day Weekend

No, I'm not talking about Columbus Day Weekend. Unlike our friends on the East Coast (or federal government employees and banks), those of us out here in the wild west don't get Columbus Day off as a holiday. Even though I'm a New Englander at heart, I only get to observe Columbus Day on my occasional autumn trips east. Perhaps one of those trips will also allow me to participate in the Tufts 10K, another famous race that is held on a holiday no one else gets.

My three-day weekend actually begins tomorrow, Friday, instead. We're leaving tomorrow morning to drive down to Eugene for the weekend to visit Rod's second home town (he went to law school at U of O and is a loyal Duck), and I'm doing a little 5K called the Duck Dash while we're there.

I've already set my DVR to record the coverage of the Kona Ironman on Saturday. I don't know if I'll end up watching any of it, but you never know. Plus it would be fun to at least see some glimpses of Hawaii.

And I've set the DVR to record the Chicago Marathon on Sunday morning! I don't regret not watching it live because it starts at 5 a.m. our time here and there is no way I would want to get up for that Sunday morning anyway. I expect we'll get back in the late afternoon or early evening and I can watch it then. I'm rooting for Deena Kastor! Go Deena! And good luck and best wishes to all the other runners on Sunday!

No comments: