Sunday, February 15, 2009

Nap needed

Okay, I've run 12 miles (approximately, I inadvertantly paused the Garmin for a while in the middle but I'm counting that period as about a mile), showered, eaten, looked at Facebook, and now all I want to do is lie down for a while before doing anything else. Isn't the post-run rest period a mandatory element of a long run?

Yesterday I thought about doing an unscheduled 3.1 mile run in honor of the Freakishly Flexible 5K, but I decided it was flexible enough that I could count part of my run from Thursday, or today (Sunday), or just not do it all. Instead I went to yoga,* then spent 40 minutes on the cross-trainer, before getting ready to go skiing with Rod. We went night skiing, which is great because it is 1) cheaper than day skiing; 2) much less crowded—no lines and good parking; and 3) just a lot of fun skiing under the lights. It was a great evening, and a great way to celebrate Valentine's Day.**

Even better than Valentine's Day, though, is President's Day! Because it is a court, and therefore work, holiday! Thank you Abe Lincoln and George Washington for giving me the day off tomorrow!


*At least I did the "flexible" part.
**I did my Valentine's thing on Friday, by making a delicious Valentine's Eve dinner of crabcakes, steak, roasted fingerling potatoes, asparagus, salad, and a scrumptious flourless cake (from Safeway of all places) with raspberry sauce and raspberries.

No comments: