Monday, December 31, 2007

About a Race the Next Day

When tomorrow's race is not until 10:30 a.m., there's really no need to lay out one's clothes in advance the night before, do you think? It's not like I have to get up at dawn to get there. No, I think I can just go to bed and make a final decision on what to wear tomorrow. Depending on the weather.

It is, however, necessary to carb-load by having a few more pepperkaker (Norwegian gingerbread cookies) as a bedtime snack. Considering that I completely gave up cookies and candy between December 26 and today--only slacking off today in the interest of building up glycogen stores. That's important.

And then (after tomorrow's race recovery period), it will be off the sugar again. As well as the beginning of my short-term vegan experiment (more on that later). (And having the pepperkaker now will help get them out of temptation's way. Very helpful, really.)

No comments: