8 things to which I am looking forward
- Our trip to Kona, Hawaii, over Memorial Day Weekend (Thursday through Monday). And my new Land's End swimsuit, which I LOVE.
- Finishing the house cleaning/organizing/de-cluttering project.
- The installation of my Verizon FIOS phone-TV-internet package, and subsequent return of the Food Network and other channels now lost thanks to Comcast.
- Finishing my 30 sugar-free days. Because after that I will no longer crave sweets! (And I can have a little piece of cake....)
- Losing some weight.
- Running faster again (I know I will) and pursuing new PR's.
- A bunch of Fridays off throughout the rest of the year, thanks to County furloughs. I know it's not so great for the county employees who have to take pay cuts, but it does result in a lot of 3- (and some 4-) day weekends, including the 4th of July weekend, Labor Day weekend, and Christmas Eve!
8 things I did yesterday
- Ran 6.5 miles.
- Got a latte at Starbucks (double tall skinny caramel latte).
- PC's (probable cause hearings) and arraignments.
- Rescheduled the Verizon installation appointment to give myself more time to clean.
- Wrote a blog post about other people's blogs.
- Met with the investment guy to talk about starting a retirment plan for our employees.
- Recorded everything I ate, plus exercise, into the Livestrong calorie tracker on my BlackBerry.
- Worked on the house-cleaning project with my mom (she is being very helpful, even came over for a couple hours of work on Mother's Day morning!).
8 things I would like to do
- Buy a mountain bike.
- Get back to, and below, my low weight of 154.
- Walk the Cotswold Way from Bath to Chipping Campden, in England. Then possibly also (in a separate trip) walk the Thames Path from the Cotswolds to London.
- Take Rod to England.
- Write a book that gets published.
- Read most of the books in the "to be read" shelves in my basement (ideally before buying more books).
- Be in the audience of the Oprah show (on a show that has a fun, not depressing, topic).
- Make my garden into a beautiful English-style garden.
8 shows I watch
- The Today Show
- The Biggest Loser
- The Office (and frequently 30 Rock)
- Desperate Housewives
- Brothers and Sisters
- Private Practice
- Assorted Food Network shows (Nigella, Ellie Krieger, Barefoot Contessa)
- What Not to Wear
Finally, I am supposed to tag eight people to list their own Eight Things. Frankly, I am too tired and lazy to pick out eight blogs to link to! Plus, lots of the blogs I read have already done this. (Although I can't remember which ones, so that would be a problem.) (And I suppose it's possible that not everyone is as thrilled as I to do this kind of thing. Although it is hard to imagine a blogger who doesn't believe the world wants to know eight things about them....) So, if you happen to read this and you haven't done it yet, consider yourself tagged!