Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What I did on my summer vacation

Nothing! There will be no summer vacation. I'm saving my travel for the fall. But I am really excited about the half marathons I am registered for this summer and fall, all of which will involve some traveling.

Starting with...

July 26 Anacortes Art Dash (Anacortes, WA)

Normally I would not "travel" for this one, except for the trip up and back to Anacortes, but this year I have a friend getting married on Orcas Island the day of the race. So my plan is to run the race, then catch the Anacortes-San Juan Ferry to Orcas, and spend the rest of the weekend at Rosario. Very luxurious!

I did this half marathon last year, and I'm hoping to better my time by a few minutes if possible. The quicker the better, really, because the race is at 9 a.m. and my ferry is at 11:50 a.m. (The terminal is about five miles from the race finish.) If I don't make that ferry I'll have to take a later one, and will miss the ceremony but not the dinner and festivities afterward....

September 21 Maine Coast 1/2 Marathon (York, Maine).

This is my "big trip" for the year, and I am very, very excited. In addition to running the half marathon, I'll be staying in Ogunquit (a few miles from York), Stonington (up north), and Newcastle (also mid-coast, a little more northward). I'm sure I'll be writing a lot about this trip before, during, and after!

October 12 Royal Victoria Half Marathon (Victoria, BC).

And marathon for those who choose (not me). Another exciting long weekend trip involving a ferry ride and a stay at the Empress Hotel!

And a couple of 5 and 10K's in between.

No comments: