Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Halfway there

Just a quick check-in before I get to work packing for Boise. The Whidbey Half Marathon came and went successfully, and my cold abated enough that it was not a major factor. The course was, however, considerably harder (more and steeper hills) than last year! My time reflected that. I am waiting for the chip times to be posted in hopes that I might squeak under two hours... but as of now my finish time on the clock was 2:02:22. No point in complaining, "it is what it is," as they say.

I do want to spend a lot more time writing about the Whidbey experience, but I'll wait until I get my pictures up and have a little more free time on my hands. That will probably be in Boise, because what am I going to do for almost three days waiting for the race on Saturday? I plan to go for a run tomorrow morning before I leave (assuming I get up early enough), and maybe another light run in Boise on Thursday, but obviously I can't be wearing myself out. And I don't want to spend a lot of money shopping... so that leaves reading and writing for me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Runner Girl,

I found your site a few months ago whilst randomly googling for information on the Whidbey half. Until Sunday I hadn't run a competitive race since the 8th grade (and I was a very mediocre 400m runner at that), but I'd been running more recreationally, and I thought I was ready for a new challenge.

My primary goal was just to finish and thanks to some good hill training, I was able beat my time goal too. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for blogging about your running and training experiences. I'll definitely keep reading too as I begin to think about training for a full marathon in the fall.

Kristin said...

Hi Laxtosnoco,
Thanks for reading! I'm glad you had a good time at Whidbey. I admire your determination at planning a full marathon! (I don't think I will ever be doing that.) I hope you got some good photos to commemorate your Whidbey run - I thought the race photographer did a really nice job and I'm quite pleased with mine. Do keep in touch. (I hope my long posts don't drive you crazy!)