- I still would like to write a race recap of the Vancouver Scotiabank Half Marathon. This race happened on June 24...almost a month ago now.
- I ran a 10K on the 4th of July in just over 52 minutes. This was neither a great nor horrible time. I'm pretty okay with it given my slowness these days (due to long distance and trail training).
- However, after the 4th my pain in the butt problem really flared up. I had a terrible run on Thursday the 5th...actually I think I already wrote about that.
- I did a 20-mile trail run at Lord Hill in Snohomish on July 7. It was hard. It probably deserves a recap...we shall see.
- Then on Sunday I ran 11 miles on the road. That added up to 50K over the weekend (the same as the prior weekend). This too was hard. The road stuff was easy but my legs were like lead.
- I think the long trail run really slowed me down. I was having a hard time getting even moderate speed over the week and I really felt off all week.
- Then I ran a marathon on Sunday, the Light at the End of the Tunnel marathon. I am hoping there will be at least one race pic that I can use in a recap post. My running awkwardness continued (though not the butt pain--I could feel it but not badly). This race was a BQ or PR for many, but for me it was a second-to-personal-worst time. However, I'm okay with that. Really.
- I took Monday and Tuesday off running for a mini-recovery. I am happy to say that by Wednesday and Thursday my legs had some of their mojo back! I wasn't inexplicably slow (though neither was I fast), and most importantly, running felt comfortable again rather than awkward.
- Tomorrow I am doing a 5-mile race just to see if I can fire up a little speed. However, my registration receipt says that I signed up for the 1-mile race, so they had better agree to switch me in the morning! No way am I doing a 1-miler (not fast enough for that). Plus I spent $30 on registration, that would be a very expensive mile!
Friday, July 20, 2012
Since it's already been a week since my last post, I feel like I need a quick update before another weekend rolls by. This will be random.